Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Post subject: Cannot install the mod.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:29 pm 
Newcomer

Hi, guys!
I recently (re)procured BG2 to my latest computer, getting the Enhanced Edition of Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal via Steam.
I felt the need to spice up the game a little with some mods, starting with this fabled epic of Immy.

I got it downloaded, opened the mod in my ‘Baldur’s Gate II – Enhanced Edition’-folder, and clicked the ‘setup-imoenRomance.exe’-file, and it started well and good and was almost finished installing, until I got this message:

“ERROR locating resource for ‘COPY’
Resource (imoenRomance/2da/IMOE100.da) not found in the KEY file:
(./chitin.key)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR installing (Imoen NPC Romance Mod for BG: SoA TOB (3.9 Version!)), rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 403 files for (IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2) Component 0.
Uninstalled 403 files for (IMOENROMANCE/SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.TP2) Component 0.
Could not find C:/GOG Games/Baldur’s Gate II – Enhanced Edition/override/MR*.wav
Could not find C:/GOG Games/Baldur’s Gate II – Enhanced Edition/override/IR*.wav
ERROR: Failure (“resource (imoenRomance/2da/IMOE100.2da) not found for ‘COPY’”)
PLEASE email the file SETUP-IMOENROMANCE.DEBUG to Israel Blargh, vanatos, T.C Dale
Using Language (American Language)
Install Component (Imoen NPC Romance Mod for BG2: SoA TOB (3.9 version!) ?
(I)nstall , or (N)ot Install or (Q)uit?”

As far as I could tell I have a chitin.key-file in my “Baldur’s Gate II-enhanced edition”-folder so it feels a bit weird. Has the file somehow not been downloaded correctly, or am I missing some software that would make mods easier to integrate with the game?

I got Modmerge and did a second attempt at installation, but got the same ERROR-message as before.

I’ve looked on the internet for help, but being a modding-noob has not made it easy for me to grasp. WeiDU-files appear to be of some importance to getting mods done per the Infinity engine. I see the Weidu.conf- and WeiDU-files at the bottom of the info on the mod.
Should I get some WeiDu files, and give it a new try?

Thanks to anyone who wants to help.

Offline Profile