Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Post subject: Reporting bug in BhaalTalks.d, Mod Version 3.8
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:55 am 
Newcomer

This will be my first post on this forum, and possibly my only one. So before getting to the issue at hand, I'd like to thank the people who made this mod.

I installed it out of curiosity for my recent BG/BG2:EE playthrough, many, many years after I played the original Baldur's Gate games, and soon found my initially low expectations vastly surpassed. I'm pretty sure after I finish what will probably be my last Baldur's Gate playthrough ever, this is going to be the version of the saga that will remain in my head ever after.

And now for the practical purpose of this post:

I seem to have stumbled over a minor bug in the mod. Having advised Imoen to control the taint in the previous 2 conversations about her emerging powers as a Bhaalspawn, after killing Yaga-Shura I nevertheless only got the canon conversation about her sudden taint-induced craving for violence. This seemed strange to me, and so I took a quick look at the mods' dialogue files. Sure enough, it seems the new lines in BhaalTalks.d for that conversation didn't trigger correctly.

I know virtually nothing about BG2 modding, but after googling for a bit and playing around with Shadowkeeper, I believe I have found the cause. Someone with more of a clue about what they're doing should probably take a look to make sure I've come to the right conclusions.

From the mod file "BhaalTalks.d":
Quote:
// Third Conversation: craving violence

// Imoen Says: I felt something come over me, <CHARNAME>. A... viciousness I've never felt before. I just wanted to tear someone's throat out with my bare hands.

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER BIMOEN25 100 ~!ActuallyInCombat() RealGlobalTimerExpired("IRTBhaalTalkTimer","GLOBAL") Dead("Yaga01") InParty("Imoen2") !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID) !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~

ADD_TRANS_ACTION BIMOEN25
BEGIN 100 END
BEGIN 0 END
~RealSetGlobalTimer("IRTBhaalTalkTimer","GLOBAL",2700)~

EXTEND_BOTTOM BIMOEN25 102
++ ~I wish you had. It's been a good while since we got into some rough-housing. I'd probably have won through crippling tickles.~ + 102new1
++ ~You would have regretted that dearly. I hope you know that.~ DO ~IncrementGlobal("IRTLoveMeter","GLOBAL",-2)~ + 102new2
END

EXTEND_BOTTOM BIMOEN25 101
IF ~GlobalGT("IRTEmbraceTaint","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) GlobalGT("IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("IRTFightTaint","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN GOTO 101Disamb
IF ~GlobalGT("IRTFightTaint","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) GlobalGT("IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("IRTEmbraceTaint","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN GOTO 101Disamb
IF ~GlobalGT("IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",0) OR(2) GlobalGT("IRTEmbraceTaint","GLOBAL",0) GlobalGT("IRTFightTaint","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN GOTO 101Disamb

IF ~Global("IRTEmbraceTaint","GLOBAL",2) ~ THEN GOTO 101E
IF ~Global("IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN GOTO 101C
IF ~Global("IRTFightTaint","GLOBAL",2) ~ THEN GOTO 101F
END

According to Shadowkeeper, my save file from immediately before this conversation has IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",3. This is the result of consistently advising Imoen to try and control the taint. I assume it's the highest this value can be at this point.

If I understand the problem correctly...

IF ~Global("IRTEmbraceTaint","GLOBAL",2) ~ THEN GOTO 101E
IF ~Global("IRTControlTaint","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN GOTO 101C
IF ~Global("IRTFightTaint","GLOBAL",2) ~ THEN GOTO 101F

...means that IRTControlTaint needs to be exactly 2 for the new dialogue to trigger. Since I had IRTControlTaint 3, this didn't work properly in my game. And I guess there might be a similar problem if the player advises Imoen to embrace or fight the taint instead.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Reporting bug in BhaalTalks.d, Mod Version 3.8
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:22 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Cheers, newest downloadable has a fix for it.

Offline Profile