Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Things You'd Like to See in TOB
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

I don't wanna pick fights at all, I just want to point out, that no matter how good any future Imoen ToB part might be, I wont EVER play it if I have to set Ascension aside for it. In fact I wouldnt pass on Ascension for any other mod at all because Ascension is essential for ToB and basicly makes ToB three leagues better. Why do I actually bother to elaborate further? Ascension is Ascension. Any mod not compatible won't have the slightest chance of being played by me, period. It's not a big deal to include anyway. Imoen gets few extra spells and turns into slayer, it actually wouldnt be a big deal adding a few dialogues to that which are only triggered if Ascension is installed or something. Content of the actual romance you have in mind wouldn't be touched at all.

Take that aside, what I would like to see;
-Imoen growing tougher in ToB, I mean she should get over all the hostage by Irenicus stuff. Imoen always was the joking one, bright and happy. Wounds heal, right? She actually faces Sarevok telling him she aint afraid of him anymore and he should watch how to talk to her because she was a magi now after all. It wouldnt appear appropiate if she kept up alll the whining and hurt under the surface stuff from SoA any further. My opinion.

-The very end: Imoen refusing to give away her part of the essence if the protagonist romances her and then hints to take godhood. She doesn't want her love to leave her, right? That would do for a good bit of tragic just like Korven wants too. Good ol' "you'll have to kill me if you want to leave me and this world behind"-scenario. Just an idea which would totally make sense imho.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm 
Junior Acolyte

ohtatyaro wrote:
-The very end: Imoen refusing to give away her part of the essence if the protagonist romances her and then hints to take godhood. She doesn't want her love to leave her, right? That would do for a good bit of tragic just like Korven wants too. Good ol' "you'll have to kill me if you want to leave me and this world behind"-scenario. Just an idea which would totally make sense imho.

Denouement is one of the trickiest parts to write in most stories. Sometimes no matter what you do, fans will be unsatisfied. Then again, failure to end a story can be worse than a bad ending, especially in those cases where the story just abruptly stops, like Firefly. The Serenity movie tried so very hard to put a patch on the suddenly cancelled show, but still left a ton of unanswered questions, and killed off most of the better characters to boot. Also, it seems a little silly to demand a certain ending, since if your demand is fulfilled you will already know what is to happen, and if it is not you will be disappointed. You are just setting yourself up for failure imho.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

Well at least, no matter what, it has to be better than the Mass effect 3 ending. :evil:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Dalis918 wrote:
Well at least, no matter what, it has to be better than the Mass effect 3 ending. :evil:

This!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm 
Junior Acolyte

I'm a bit surprised about TcDale, she usually responds fast to us on future events.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm 
Newcomer

I stand with the other guys here, Ascention is awesome and it will be hard if i have to choose between mods.

I think the more options you have for a ending, the better. at least the basic "happy ending" & "tragic/bad ending" should be present, every other ending is just bonus (i , for one, downloaded the happy ending mod for Viconia,so i like variety, mind you)

Dalis918 wrote:

So true, but oh please, dont make me remember THAT.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm 
Newcomer

I'd like to weight in on this quite heavily. I've played BG1/2 and Throne since they've all come out. I grew up with probably the best WRPG(s) ever made. Only made better with a great community. Constantly updating, fixing bugs, and making new mods. Always ready to paint a fresh new coat on a game they know and love. That being said. Imoen Romance was always something I thought should've been part of the actual game. Even as Teenager. It would've made for great story telling, but I can see how that's a rather taboo for a game company.

After finally going to College I noticed a game a friend told me about. It was Mass Effect, but i saw something else. (Bioware) "I remember that company name!" I said to myself. That day after class I ran home to my shared apartment. Grabbed what little spending money i had and bought Mass Effect (With the idea of Bioware/Black Isle writing with a new tech feel and spacey) It was a good game, but not great. I knew then my view of RPGs was forever stained with BGs greatness.

Later that week I managed to find my CD's. Reinstalled; But a flash of insight hit me. "What IF in my lapse since playing this game. Bioware managed to update it with fixes. Maybe even community mods or updates" Needless to say I didn't make it to class that day. It was like what I had said before I saw the game I revered with such glory painted in a new light.

But, like before I felt a hole in the game. The romances we're good with the exception of Aerie. (I'm sorry I don't like her character) Jaheira was a fantastic romance. Moreover Viconia was even greater. To melt the cold heart of someone raised as Drow. Taught to never trust, and never experienced what REAL love was like. Still I thought to myself "Why isn't there a Imoen romance".

And thanks to the Internet and Lord M (Of course many others). This was made true. That week in between class and my girlfriend at the time. I did nothing to grind that new romance I craved since first played the game. With new Kits available. Class fixes, tweaks, and a new Immy Romance. It was like a whole new game.

I understood when I was younger what incest was and how it was Taboo of it to make. Thankfully Lord M eased into that subject. One wrong turn at the wrong time blew up your chances. At least for me which from reading this thread people seem to share my understanding. It's more of a "Girl Next Door" feeling rother than "Porking your Sister". Yes, CHARNAME, and Immy both grew up together. But didn't really know if they were truly siblings until Irenicus brought up the fact she too was a Bhaalspawn. Even then it's through "Godly Essence" rother than DNA.

ALL THAT BEING SAID. I've been around for quite a while checking every so often. Im sad to hear Lord M threw in the towel, but I'm sure he has his good reasons. I accept my new Lord and Saviour - TCDale. (For whatever good that maybe :P) On to the Actual topic of what i'd like to see. I'd also like to express my opinion on previous suggestions in this thread.

>Taint shared dreams, and dealing with Immy's Bhaalspawn powers.
I'd like that a lot. I understand it is much more latent in CHARNAME. If memory serves....(I miss you Yoshi). It works alot like "The One" movie. The more Bhaalspawn are killed. The stronger the killers and survivors are. No? The slayer transformation was a product of CHARNAME's lack of a soul and him/her juggling with their growing powers ever since leaving Candlekeep. With CHARNAME's soul gone. The essence or taint rother begins to take over. I don't think a slayer transformation is needed, but rother i'd like to see Immy grow in power with unique power much as CHARNAME has.

I'd also love to share dreams with Imoen. I'd like to dive into the past of Immy via dreams and/or have Imoen see what CHARNAME sees in his/her dreams like in spellhold when the memory of Imoen helpped CHARNAME. To help her understand whom she's (possibly falling for).

>The subject of Sex and how far do you take it.
The amount Lord M had put into the game was just about right. Maybe a little more with Imoen's *cough* outgoing nature. It could use a little turn from 10 to 11. It's one more you see. (Spinal Tap i love you).

>Marriage, and possible childern.
Marriage. I've suggested this before long ago on the older fourms. I'd love to see this. I'd be a great end for those that reject becoming a god. It's no different than most nobles or royalty does to keep power as far as "Incest" goes. I'm sure there would be a possible priest or cleric that wouldn't mind preforming such a task.

Childern? I think one Bhaalspawn war is enough, no? Kidding. Setting that aside. I don't think would suit Immy. Who knows? I want to express my opinion of 'no' on this one. I hear Aerie's romance has a child. But to me that's RATHER offsetting considering the circumstances of Godhood war being played out. Afterwards? Once against if CHARNAME rejects godhood? Why not?

>Trials and possiblity of Watcherkeep unique stuff for Imoen.
Having her own Trials is a bit of a stretch. However, I'd love to her input on CHARNAME's trials. Considering they are together for the long run lovers or not.

Watcher's Keep is a great opportunity for expanding Imoen. Considering it's in both BG2, and Throne of Bhaal. Maybe this is where you can stick the dreams or extending the romance.

>Imoen with a Familar/Pet
One word, Yes. Boo and Immy's pet banter. I CAN SEE IT NOW!

>The possibility to (try to) corrupt Imoen
Tough one, but i'll try to address it the best i can. Simply with another 'No'. Imoen stands for something other than the possibility of romance. She's your pillar of strength and morality. This was shown during when Irencius was ripping CHARNAME's soul out. She was there. In memory/spirit however you want to paint it. To help remind CHARNAME you dont have to give in to the taint.

>Accession, Imoen, and You.
This is another tough one, but much of the post here in this thread is good enough in my opinion. Double Accession is a bit of a stretch IMO, but i'd make for a interesting world. Two of the same god. One Happy-go-lucky, the other (TO BE DETERMINED). But it be a nice spin of A Ying and Yang type of god and goddess.

Refusal should open the way to childern or adopting I should think. Childern is best saved for last.

Accessing alone? I mean look how that turned out for Viconia (I know bad example) But over all in my eyes that was always a bad choice. To leave someone behind after going THROUGH ACTUAL HELL AND BEYOND. I couldn't do that myself.

Phew, I told you i would weigh in heavily. Hopefully i'll get a response soonish. I'll wait another year if i have to. As long as it's before Baldur's Gate 3. :D!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:58 pm 
Newcomer

More than anything else I just want to see the mod finished. I have never played ToB and won't until this mod for it is ready. So yeah. That's my biggest hope for it.

Beyond that I'd like to see what other, more eloquent people have suggested in this threat (Marriage, Sarvoek's reaction, Imoen and the PC ascending, etc).

But I agree with whoever it was, earlier in this thread who rightly pointed out that if all these ideas (good though they are) are added then this mod will never see the light of day. Which would be terrible :( . So just having the mod finished would be brilliant beyond words and if so then the other stuff can be added in later versions.

Oh and a quick P.S since it's just occurred to me, on the subject the PC being able to corrupt Imoen, I'd suggest that it be similar the Nameless One from Planescape: Torment in his darker moments as he is a textbook example of how to utterly break someone without ever laying a finger on them.

"That's not much."

"It's enough."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 am 
Newcomer

Not sure if this topic is relevant anymore. But I would also love to see Marriage, and PC & Imoen ascending together! =)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9