Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Imoen SOA v2 News/Status Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 am 
Junior Acolyte

Bit of a shame, that. I really liked this one, despite all the difficulty I always have in getting it to do what I want it to, and a clean, easy-to-use, update was something I was very excited for.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:34 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

Really a shame, yes. I still check for updates regularly, but I guess there is not much else to say. Would have been too good to be true to see this finished, even after all the adversity... even better if it were playable on BG2:EE.

Well, I'll still continue to keep an eye out on the forums... miracles can still happen, right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am 
Junior Acolyte

Ah, BG2:EE, one more thing I'd love to get hold of that I don't have money to spend on. I'm going to keep the vigil as well. You never know, I suppose.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:39 am 
Initiate of Imoen

TimTh33nchant3r wrote:
Ah, BG2:EE, one more thing I'd love to get hold of that I don't have money to spend on.

My advice is not to waste your money; I did, and it's not worth it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:34 am 
Initiate of Imoen

I'd say it's debatable, it certainly for me at least, works quite a bit smoother and cleaner than the originals on my system. Less hassle to get stuff working and more stable. also I like a few of the small interface tweaks they've made and touch ups here and there. if you consider the new content, that's to me kind of 'meh' I find Dorn interesting and that's about it for the NPC's. I like the new kits, some of the new items add some extra variety to equipment loadouts. Also, the black pits are nice for when you need a quick 5 minute baldur's gate fix and can't spare a few hours to really get going.

Summary, a few things that niggled me about the originals are fixed or changed which is very nice, some new nice stuff. Better stability on new age systems giving the game a way to continue being current awesome rather than nostalgic awesome.

All in all, I'd say it's worth it if you have the money to spare. If you don't then wait until you do, it's not going to die any time soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am 
Junior Acolyte

Since there seems to be a few lapses of activity, thought I'd mention something:

I hadn't played baldur's gate in months, and I found something very... disturbing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrFp0pyGrI#t=1062

Early on, there are a few clips of her calling the main character 'brother' though I'd never heard them. I assume it has something to do when you meet her in spellhold and tell her to find her own way out.

then at about 17:40 she says something in a very dark tone.

"No more worthy than you, 'brother,' and I've learned things since we've last met that you couldn't begin to dream of..."

"So you're going to stay a mortal? Wow, after all that we're going to end up on the road again..."

[she seems to be crying] "good luck, I'll miss ya... though somehow I know we'll see each other again... maybe I'll get ya out of trouble again... ya never know."

"so... it's come down to this has it? Right from candlekeep and Baldur's Gate, through Irenicus and Bodhi and their plans... I wonder what Gorion would say now..."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

abdel wrote:
then at about 17:40 she says something in a very dark tone.

"No more worthy than you, 'brother,' and I've learned things since we've last met that you couldn't begin to dream of..."

That's Imoen's sarcastic reply to Sarevok in Throne of Bhaal. Sarevok says to Imoen:

"Well, if it isn't my dear little sister. Tell me, little one...are you still prancing about, pretending that you are a thief? Do you think yourself worthy of carrying Bhaal's blood in your veins?"

To which she replies the above. I don't see what's disturbing about it, when seen in context.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:06 am 
Newcomer

Thanks TCdale for keeping the torch lit. Mod is the bess. I still have my original IR mod on a CD... :shock:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15