Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Imoen SOA v2 News/Status Thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:47 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

You probably noticed that Kat coded some sort of beta. However there's still lots to do. Kat does not seem to find the time for it. For all I know there also is no other coder around who is up for the job.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 am 
Newcomer

I'm open to a modest bit of paypal or bitpay comping of either Kat or anyone who wants to help her with bugs (IF such a thing is legal to do? I don't know?). I'm VERY serious about this. I'd help with bugs myself, but I actually want to *play* this mod and wouldn't enjoy it if I were coding it first.

Again, yes, I'm very serious.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:55 am 
Forum God

I haven't heard from Kat in... well, quite a while. I've advertised for other modders on Spellhold Studios and friends-of-friends, but no one "experienced" seems interested. One person here in the forums is going to try to help out, but they aren't very experienced with programming so I don't know how that will go.

I don't think money is really the issue. I think Kat just lost interest and decided real life was more fun (which is understandable, but sucky).

So... I hate to say it, but.... unless our resident helper-coder is able to pull off a miracle, the mod is probably dead :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 pm 
Newcomer

Dead is such a strong word, indefinitely delayed sounds much better. ;)

Have you considered making the mod open source, so anyone can pick it up and post bugfixes? (As I understand the majority of the is mod was already written by Kat, so it could work.)
There is also a remote chance that I could find some time for it, but I am a total newbie when it comes to IE modding, so I don't promise anything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 am 
Newcomer

I'll echo Theon, between the entire forum we should be able to come up with something that can be installed.

I've downloaded a copy of the beta and will go over it as soon as I can (damn you finals, damn you). I don't have much experience with IE modding either, but if parts of the mod simply aren't coded, I think I can help with that. Either way, I'll have most of the summer to muck about with it.

I just can't stand the idea of you writing the entire mod, then coding being the insurmountable hurdle.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 pm 
Newcomer

TCDale wrote:
So... I hate to say it, but.... unless our resident helper-coder is able to pull off a miracle, the mod is probably dead :(

Nooooo... :-(

I definitely second the open source idea!

I was getting into 1.x of the mod, but was getting a little irked by the anachronistic dialogue and stopped playing the game that I was pursuing Imoen in. I was excited when I read about how you'd improved the dialogue in this one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:45 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Wow... looks like things took a really unfortunate turn again. And here I was, so happy, ecstatic even, when Taig took over the believed-dead mod... Just to have my hopes crushed by the harsh reality again. I guess still hoping things will one day magically work out and we get to see the ToB part one day is a stretch, to say the least, but I'm just not ready to give up hope. After all, it looks like hope is all we got left.

In that sense, I'll definitly stick around as long as there is life in the forums. Only when the last Imoen Fan stops posting here (because I think we all can agree we will never stop caring), I will stop checking for a miracle. Until then... well... you're stuck with me, Coder or not.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:34 am 
Newcomer

Damn, I was (/am with fingers crossed) really looking forward to this. :(
I'll second Randir's sentiment, though. I think everyone who's still here can deal with waiting, but after all that's already gone into the mod, it would be too sad to give up on it altogether. As long as there's some sign of life on here, I'll keep checking back and hoping for some news of progress.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm 
Newcomer

Could an application like the dialogue editor of Nwn 1 be of use ?

Detail : I think about an editor which output could be compiled in weidu pseudo language (with engine destination marker like bg1/2/1:ee if needed...). I can code something like this if i have a clear "cahier des charges" (="specifications list"?) about flow of use/fonctions needed/...

edit:typo & word missing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:14 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Not sure how many people will get this message, but I've started to look into the bugs that exist in the reworked version. The thread I started can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=272&p=3647#p3647

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next