Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Post subject: Some questions 1.202 => 3.3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:16 pm 
Newcomer

Hi there!

I've played both versions, and there are nice points in both.
The 3.3 is more positive and player-friendly i think, the 1.202 is harder, and because of it bit more intresting to get to a ssuccesfull ending :)

1)In the version 1.202 after succesfull FF romance there was a nice conversation with Imoen,about her orientation and she's been having a crush on a girl before, in Candlekeep. And i haven't seen it anymore playing a new game with version 3.3. Was it deleted or i'm having some bug?

2)What is the point of conversation where we talk to Imoen about her arriving in Candlekeep at 10 old age? Does pushing on Imoen in this one lead to something/have influence on something? Or it's better to "swallow" what we knew? :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Some questions 1.202 => 3.3
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:46 pm 
Newcomer

Number 2) I think it´s just a mystery for the player, one that teases the ToB part where you can explore her past. So we have a setup in BG2 and a conclusion to it in ToB. It´s really well done in my opinion.

I will add another question though. It has been a very long time since i played Lord M´s original. But didn´t Jaheira come around and accept the relationship after some time? I just got the "will never accept this / it´s not natural or something" speech this time. I´m not sure, my memory might play tricks on me, as i said it has been a long time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 pm 
Newcomer

Thanks for answer.
I haven't played ToB seriously yet, waited for ToB part of Immy romance done.

As for your question, now when you asked i think i do remember - there really was something like such a comment from Jaheira, some time after completing the romance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 am 
Newcomer

Well, it´s done and you are in for a good time i think. I finished it a few hours ago and really enjoyed it. Certainly made me laugh out loud several times and pulled on the heart strings. Good writing overall :)

And as i said, there will come a moment where you can explore Imoen´s past and how she ended up in Candlekeep and why in BG2, her memories/your dreams seem to be a bit...missleading. I loved it <3

Yeah i think so too...but Jaheira never said anything after that anymore, kinda strange. I was thinking if this might have something to do with the last 2.0 patch of the EE. Because 2.1 forced me to reinstall the mod as it was messing up the dialogue options (even though the patch shouldn´t according to the readme and what it fixes...i swear Beamdog has no idea what they are doing :evil: ).

Also, if Vanatos or someone else knows this. There were kindness points in the original mod, and now there is a lovemeter instead (from what i read). Has anyone pointed out what to do to get the "madly in love" epilogue? I felt like i really set out to treat her as best as possible, yet only got the "normal romance" epilogue. Was kinda confused :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:19 pm 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

There is still a talk with Imoen about her sexual orientation, though its optional and a PID.

Jaheira actually has really lengthy conversations with Imoen, but it can be hard to see it all if you rush to complete the romance.

TOB part has a kindnes/lovemeter counter, which affects your ending.

Theres 40-ish variations of endings for the romance.

I think to be sure to get it you need to make sure to do all the optional stuff well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:42 pm 
Newcomer

vanatos wrote:
There is still a talk with Imoen about her sexual orientation, though its optional and a PID.

Kinda strange, in the version 1.202 i've got it almost next to last lovetalk(romance is successfull).
In 3.3 i've steel haven't seen it(there was already a LOT of time,after comleting the romance).
And what is meant by PID?(google didn't helped :( )

CirdanX wrote:
Yeah i think so too...but Jaheira never said anything after that anymore, kinda strange. I was thinking if this might have something to do with the last 2.0 patch of the EE.

I do play origanan version, cause multiply romance option of latest tweakpack wouldn't install on EE vesion of game.

Offline Profile