Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Post subject: Imoen Romance Walkthrough (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

This thread is just generally for people who get stuck in the romance and aren't sure what to do, the romance is pretty straightfoward but just in case.

This won't deal with all the extra miscellaneous stuff (unless people really want to know) but specifically what is needed to romance imoen.

1. Dreams
First dream occurs one-day in-game time (ie you can inn sleep to push it foward) after the 2nd jon irenicus dream.
ImoenDreamRomance1 is the global timer
HadImoenDreamRomance1 =1 when the dream finishes

Second dream occurs roughly 3.5 in-game time days after the first dream.
ImoenDreamRomance2 is the global timer
HadImoenDreamRomance2 =1 when the dream finishes
The second dream is necessary to occur for the romance to actually kick off

Third dream occurs roughly 4 in-game time days after the first dream.
ImoenDreamRomance3 is the global timer
HadImoenDreamRomance3 =1 when the dream finishes

2. Imoen Rejoins
After imoen rejoins, she has her intro talk with you, here you basically just have to not piss her off.

3. Lovetalks
The first occurs 20 seconds after imoen rejoins.
the rest occur 40 minutes real-game time (as in the amount of time you actually play, inn-sleeping wont do anything) after each other.

There are 6 love-talks prior to the romance concluding that need to be seen, and 1 after that is optional.
The globals are
MRLoveTalk=1,3,5,7,9,11
MRImoenLovetalkTimer is the global timer
No lovetalks occur during the sahuagin city but they do occur everywhere else that isn't a dungeon (including the underdark, which is flagged as a dungeon).

All these talks if you pick the wrong option, ImoenRomanceActive gets set to 3 (so you failed the romance) it should always be 1 here.

4. Underdark Exit
Depending on how far you are on Lovetalks either you aren't ready for the campfire scene or you are (depends if its higher then 9).

If not you can just continue playing the game and once you've had enough lovetalks Imoen will prompt you to camp.

At the end, this global should be set MRSleptImoen=1, if not you failed the event here

5. After one in-game day of bodhi being killed, she will talk to you to be alone, basically send all your other npc's away from Line of sight and force talk her.

This is the last step and ImoenRomanceActive=2 means you succeeded.

After this, flirts will be activated and you can talk to Imoen and do random stuff.

Last edited by vanatos on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Imoen Romance Walkthrough (SPOILERS)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 pm 
Newcomer

What happens if I accept Nalia's offer and I become her "husband" and thus the lord of De'Arnise Keep?
The place looks like a bretty good base and that weekly? 500 gold income sounds good too.
I don't want to romance Nalia and I find her useless for my party.
But will this "marriage" affect my romance with Imoen :?:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

You never actually become her Husband. You become the lord of the land, and she is still the heir.

I'm not sure what discussions Imoen has about this arrangement, but I doubt it'd be anything to negative.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:52 pm 
Newcomer

Finally I've beaten SOA. :D So what's the romance ending supposed to be :?:
http://s24.postimg.org/gkjaqtuqt/Baldr000.jpg is the last thing I got from her, concerning a random conversation about magic or something. After the underdark I didn't get the option to sleep with her in the elven camp, she only mentioned she'd like to spend the night there so I pressed Z to rest. But during Bodhi's last quest we talked in private. Kinda confused if this was a success.
Is there a console command to check which quest status have I reached?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:07 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Hi, thanks for posting the screenshot.

Thats actually a legitimate bug, its a random banter conversation so it isn't anything to do with the romance, luckily the bug itself doesn't affect anything.

Not sure what point your up to actually, if you didn't sleep with Imoen in the campfire scene at the underdark exit, then she wouldn't prompt to talk to you privately after killing bodhi.

Probably you would need to check these variables and then you can see where your up to.

MRLoveTalk
ImoenRomanceActive
MRSleptImoen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 pm 
Newcomer

Hello, people.
Thanks for the mod. Just have finished SoA and it works like charm.
Just one question. There is a talk with Imoen where she is trying to remember origin of the scar on her stomach - the same which a goblin from the first dream gave her. And then Immy and my char are arguing - was she brought in Candlekeeper at the age of ten or live there from the birth.
Is this talk a part of the romance or just a random banter?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:04 pm 
Junior Acolyte

It's very much part of the romance and it gets resolved in an event during ToB : )

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:16 am 
Newcomer

Hi!

Thanks for a wonderful mod, no doubt the best in my opinion. I'm having some trouble though with it. I recently installed it on my bg2ee and now I can't start conversations with Imoen all by myself. I still got several conversations from her so I tried to play through Underdark and see if I scored enough points to get through it to the end yet after the campsite I'm not certain.

It was a while since I last played through the mod and I'm not certain if the campsite part last ended with the word "Don't" and then no more conversations after that (haven't gotten Imoens soul back yet however if that's of importance).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 am 
Newcomer

P.S.
Also, is there some way I can use the CLAU-commands to see my progression and the amount of kindness that's been generated?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:24 am 
Junior Acolyte

The kindness counter doesn't exist anymore in the latest version of the mod. If you got this line after the campfire scene, you're good to go. Beware mild spoilers, I guess?

Quote:
(Imoen senses your approach, then half-turns toward you. Her eyes are fastened to the ground, her stance distant, defensive.)
(She opens her mouth as if to speak, then closes it and looks elsewhere. Her breath is shallow. Her lips tremble.)~
(You notice her hand clenching into a fist. She looks at you briefly, only for half an instant.)~
I can't do this, <CHARNAME>.~
(It's barely a whisper. She shakes her head, walks away.)~
I can't do this.~
(She steps into the camp and starts gathering her things.)~
(Perhaps she'll be more open to discuss the matter once her soul is restored...)~

Offline Profile