Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Imoen V2.2 Release
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

In theory they should both work, as they would work off different variables. However, you'll get a split personality most likely, as people's interpretation of Imoen changes from person to person.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:27 pm 
Newcomer

Ive never looked at the friendship mod, but is it not redundant? Im fairly certain the romance also includes a friendship route for those who just want an expanded imoen involvement into the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:43 pm 
Newcomer

Imoen Friendship has ToB banters, I believe. I think it's also more compatible with other NPC romance mods (if you want to have Imoen in your party and an expanded friendship with her but have a romance with someone else who isn't one of the original Bioware four.) At least with Lord Mirrabo's version I had some issues with this; my install right now is pretty mod-light.

But I like the Imoen Romance characterization of Imoen better. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Hi n-Octurn, this question came up in another forums for this mod.

I had a look at the friendship mod, and it seems really really light.

Something like 7-8 banters.

Based on looking at the code, so long as you install the imoen romance after, it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:29 am 
Newcomer

Thanks, although I already removed the friendship mod, before I installed Imoen Romance. I hesitated because I have a lot of mods (141) installed with BWS and I usually don't touch an install after I started.

However so far everything seems to work. I just finished the Baldurs Gate 1 part and there have been no issues in Irenicus dungeon.

There was no need for Shadowkeeper since Imoen still has the same class split as before (13 Rogue/4 Wizard - I only dualclassed shortly before killing Sarevok) and 18 Int from the tome.

She got an significant XP boost though, About 600k XP which leveled her to 13 Rogue/11 Wizard. Might be because of the dual classing, and probably not related to this mod. - She will need the XP after the Spellhold anyway.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:17 pm 
Newcomer

Ok, I guess I should have known better that to modify my installation.

The game crashes in the first dream sequence, right at the start when the Dimension Door Animation displays. There is no information in the console what causes this error.

I guess I could try to remove the last mods which are Tweak packs, then reinstall Imoen Romance and then install the Tweak packs again. I think that for some reason those should be installed after NPC mods.

Otherwise I will have do do a clean install, if no one here has any other idea.

EDIT:
Update: I discused this issue in a German megamod Forum and the error occurs when ImDream.cre or ImDrea2.cre are opened. I am not sure if this is a compability issue with another mod, BGT in general or maybe just my screwed up installation.

This is the baldur.err message:
Code:
---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12162

Exp: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ObjCreature.cpp
Line: 12162

Exp: pCreature != NULL && creatureSize > 0

Run Debugger?

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChVidImage.cpp
Line: 1910

Exp: !((dwFlags & CVIDIMG_TRANSLUCENT) && (dwFlags & CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST))

Run Debugger?

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: ChVidImage.cpp
Line: 1910

Exp: !((dwFlags & CVIDIMG_TRANSLUCENT) && (dwFlags & CVIDCELL_BRIGHTEST))

Run Debugger?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

If you've got 141 mods installed, doubt i could help you.

The only thing i could say is .cre are creature files, so if somehow your mods are flat editing creature files then that might cause something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:22 pm 
Newcomer

It seems to have been my installation. I did a new Installation with the same Mods and the issue did not occur.

My best guess is that the issue occurred because I simply installed Imoen Romance last. Usually the Tweak and Fixpacks have to be installed after all NPC and Questmods, to avoid conflicts.

There also was another issue where the Dialog when you rescue Imoen from the Spellhold would trigger at the start in Irenicus dungeon. This seems to be caused by one of the Quest Mods (my guess is CtB - the Candlekeep Chores part).

My current installation has mostly smaller Questpacks, NPC mods and Tweakpacks installed. So far everything is working fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:57 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

I was wondering, are there any developments regarding Israel Blargh's proposal to write the ToB part?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Indeed their are.

Currently we are looking into cleaning up some of the dialogues not re-written by TC Dale for SoA for a very final release. Once that is done, we will move onto the ToB writing and coding.

At this stage, it seems like Israel will be writing ToB for us. Vanatos will code the mod once ToB is written.

We all want to see a complete BG2 experience with Imoen, so baring major developments, I imagine progress will be slow and steady.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next