Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Imoen V2.2 Release
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:30 am 
Newcomer

If you want us to test edge cases: I tried testing the mod on a previously saved game in Chapter6, just to see how well it would work without starting a new game. Several of the conversations fired immediately (she started giving my character a hard time about Phaere, for instance, even though I'd been out of the Underdark for quite a while.)

Overall, though, I'm really impressed. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 am 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

Hi Dulcinea,

Thanks for that i might put a note in the readme that you should install the mod at least before saving Imoen to be sure the romance will work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:02 pm 
Newcomer

Hey,

I have been stalking these forums for the last few years in hopes for an update, so I just wanted to say. Thank you!

Both TCDale and Vanatos.

Now I only have to figure out if I should start BGT or BGEE, and which mods to add... so many choices.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:28 am 

Btw to anyone playing the mod and gotten through it alot.

Is anyone playing it on BG2 Vanilla? (not Bg2:EE)

Its hard for me to judge how the mod is doing since no one is apparently experiencing any bugs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

N-0cturn,

If you plan to use BGT, be aware that with this version, I believe the "Eternal Imoen" part has been removed (I maybe mistaken). That means that if you multi-class Imoen, she will revert back to the standard after you get her from you know where.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:19 pm 
Newcomer

Sarevok08 wrote:
N-0cturn,

If you plan to use BGT, be aware that with this version, I believe the "Eternal Imoen" part has been removed (I maybe mistaken). That means that if you multi-class Imoen, she will revert back to the standard after you get her from you know where.

A shame - But easily fixed through Shadowkeeper...or ...er... EEkeeper or whatever it calls itself now :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:45 pm 
Newcomer

@Vanatos
Vanila player here

I managed to finish my 10 month suspended game yesterday - well, at least until the part of successful romancing, post-bodhi.

I knew u hadn't tested the vanilla and I meant to keep notes for you, but considering the complete and total mess surrounding my playthrough, and the clusterf*ck of modding involved, I didnt think any bugs i encountered would be actually accurate.

To give you an idea of the mess i played: First as you probably know I was barred from finishing the mod at all, as i was playing the 2,1 version, froze that run for 10 months.

Your version comes along and I uninstall the last 18 of my 40-something mods, until i get to the imoen 2.1 version.
I uninstall the 2.1, install the 2.2 and then slap the 18 mods that preceded it. To me, that felt like crushing 7 ribs to fix the heart and then mending said ribs.

Anyway, after that i loaded the cryogenically frozen save game and lo and behold - dialogs i haven't seen started firing.

Following sarevok08's advice, i started a new game, got all the dreams, cheated my way to just before the bhaal wraith dream and then imported the necessary GLOBALS (and deleted the old mod ones) to my original save game, which was at the point where you take off with S.H. on his ship to Brynlaw.

From there on, everything seemed to be functioning, no force talks to imoen possible, everything is driven by events and timers, as you said it should.
The only bug i encountered is when talking to imoen about her dream. If you push her into telling you exactly what it was, and answer with the first reply "oh..." she carries on as if you told her you love her.

That and at some point in earlier conversation regarding what irenicus did to you both the first and the 3rd line were one and the same. The second line went something like "im gonna make him pay/catch him and cut him into pieces", if that helps.

Also something weird - after the campfire and chase scene, I get "...you realize there is nothing you can do to change her mind", but i distinctly recall that in Lord M's mod the same line was followed with "but you don't lose hope!" or "but not all is lost!" , which was missing here, making me think i botched it. However i was capable of finishing the romance successfully, even though i got the fatalistic "realize there is nothing you can do..." line.
Don't know if that's how its supposed to be - I figured the game redirected me to the wrong lines.

All in all, despite the horrific mess this playthrough represented, it actually worked. Now i need to see if I can also get that tiara she steals to trigger.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 pm 

Thanks very much Savvy its great to hear that it works for BG2 Vanilla, i don't have to worry anymore.

I did find that first dialogue branch you mentioned, i didn't really playtest every dialogue tree possible but i did find what you said and i added a change to make it flow better, so thanks for that.

I couldn't find the second one you mentioned, maybe if you could tell me what the talk was about then i could zero in better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 pm 
Newcomer

Regarding the thing you couldnt find - its one of the very first dialogs after she gets resqued. There are 4 possible replies. 1 and 3 are identical.

And about the first problem - when she confesses dreaming abotu you in detail the "oh..." line actually sends you to a "dont give in to the dark power/ dont follow that path" branch. No idea where that came from.

But the whole thing worked out till its end, which is amazing, considering the mish-mash involved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 am 
Newcomer

Sarevok08 wrote:
N-0cturn,

Thanks for the heads up. I found that I still have a old BGT playthrough where I was still in the BG1 part and continued it. I guess I really have to adjust her later with Shadowkeeper.

- Ah just checked the install and "Imoen Friendship" is installed as well... this would probably cause some issues and I am not sure I can simply remove it before installing Imoen Romance.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next