Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Imoen V2.2 finished coding
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:43 am 
Newcomer

S'alright, Ive done this multi-mod install thing many times. Its also why i play like once a year.
Rarely have i gotten any noticeable glitches and never any preventing me from finishing the game. They are mainly quest, extra npc and difficulty mods, which only require you to keep tabs on what areas are being modified.

Quote:
i didn't even know there was that many mods for BG2,

What game have you been playing? There are literally hundreds of mods for this game - you should see my Oblivion installation - I clocked it at 104 mods and i had to use 3 programs to have them run together, without exploding the PC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:26 pm 
Newcomer

I wouldn't mind testing it in the least. Feel free to PM it to me. Also, does this include a change log?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:54 pm 
Newcomer

Savvy wrote:
S'alright, Ive done this multi-mod install thing many times. Its also why i play like once a year.
Rarely have i gotten any noticeable glitches and never any preventing me from finishing the game. They are mainly quest, extra npc and difficulty mods, which only require you to keep tabs on what areas are being modified.

Quote:

What game have you been playing? There are literally hundreds of mods for this game - you should see my Oblivion installation - I clocked it at 104 mods and i had to use 3 programs to have them run together, without exploding the PC.

Wow, I know that there are plenty of mods out there but it is hard to believe that one can run a game with over a few dozen mods installed and not experience any bigger problems that could affect the overall experience.

Granted that many modding groups seem to work together on making many mods compatible with each other but...

Not bad man.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 pm 
Newcomer

Seiren wrote:
Savvy wrote:

Quote:

Wow, I know that there are plenty of mods out there but it is hard to believe that one can run a game with over a few dozen mods installed and not experience any bigger problems that could affect the overall experience.

Granted that many modding groups seem to work together on making many mods compatible with each other but...

Not bad man.

Yyyy-up.

I even download them into a private folder and number them in order of installation with notes if any mod's separate components should be installed after another mod ( like you need to install Tactics mod pretty early in the order, but the anti-paladin and peerless archer components should be installed after rogue rebalancing's dual weapon revisions)

It actually takes more time to hunt the mods down and plan their installation than it takes me to finish SOA, which is why i play at most once a year.
But every playthrough feels different, yet still within a pleasantly familiar setting.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11