Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am

Post subject: An advice for future version
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 am 
Newcomer

Hello everyone, this is the first article I posted, but I've been here reading articles for a while now. I really appreciate this mod and the effort people put into it. And here's an advice I hope could make it better suited for players' experiences.

My suggestion is, could we allow players to disable the three dreams early in SOA somehow? I recently started a playthrough with female Charname, hoping to romance other mod's character and play a friendship route with Imoen. I remember choosing a rude option in Irenicus' dungeon for RP reasons. Turned out it didn't close the romance path, and I still got these highly suggestive dreams. As if thing's not bad enough, due to mod mechanisms these dreams always correspond with the other mod's lovetalks. It's more than weird to have sex with your boyfriend and kiss your girlfriend in sleep :shock: ;)

So if it's possible, I think there should be a way to shut down the romance part early. It could make this mod more compatible to other playthroughs in which you don't want to romance Imoen. (Or maybe there already exists a way but I'm too dumb to find?)

Again, many thanks to those still working on this mod.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: An advice for future version
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Is there a way, where you talk to her, and say you aren't interested in the dungeon? It's been a while since I played it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:29 am 
Newcomer

Nope. There are rude options (call her to shut up) and caring ones. As I said, I chose one rude option but still got dreams.

Last edited by wuthering20 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm 
Initiate of Imoen

wuthering20 wrote:
Nope. There are rude options (call her to shut up) and caring ones. As I said, I chose one rude option but still get dreams.

It's a romance mod! You don't want to romance Imoen? Then uninstall the mod and download the Imoen friendship mod instead. Your suggestion makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:19 am 
Newcomer

As far as my understanding of the code is, there is no change done to the Imoen dialogue in the irenicus dungeon. There actually is a ImoenRomanceActive trigger before each dream. But since you can't mess up the romance in the irenicus dungeon in this version of the mod it doesn't do anything. Might be that there was a way to mess up the romance in the original 1.x version of the mod.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 am 
Initiate of Imoen

Axel wrote:
As far as my understanding of the code is, there is no change done to the Imoen dialogue in the irenicus dungeon. There actually is a ImoenRomanceActive trigger before each dream. But since you can't mess up the romance in the irenicus dungeon in this version of the mod it doesn't do anything. Might be that there was a way to mess up the romance in the original 1.x version of the mod.

Imoen's dialog is altered in Irenicus' dungeon. It starts immediately after you have met Yoshimo, and if you are mean to her, then at the exit the romance flag will not be set to 'friend' (4), which effectively terminates the entire romance.

The dreams do not have RomanceActive triggers. The dream triggers are merely timers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:17 am 
Newcomer

Immyrano wrote:
wuthering20 wrote:
Nope. There are rude options (call her to shut up) and caring ones. As I said, I chose one rude option but still get dreams.

It's a romance mod! You don't want to romance Imoen? Then uninstall the mod and download the Imoen friendship mod instead. Your suggestion makes absolutely no sense.

Well, thanks for providing the link. I made this suggestion because I prefer to play with as many mods as possible. And as far as I can tell I think most romance mods can be terminated in early stages without too suggestive plots. I understand that this "big jump" is essential to the development of Imoen's romance and is part of charm of this mod. It just seems a bit unnecessary to uninstall and install the same mod repeatedly for different playthroughs.

Also, I'm not a native English-speaker, so maybe there are some inappropriate usages of words or grammar errors in my posts. Sorry for that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:42 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

I'm not sure how you go about getting that intimate with someone else, when you could literally have that dream before reaching chapter 3.

I get what you mean, but it isn't you kissing her, and I believe she only kisses you on the cheek.

It maybe worth considering, but as I'm sure many people would prefer, getting the original mod working in EE, and the rewrite done are probably a higher priority.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:42 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

I'd also advocate for, after getting the original mod to work with EE and getting the re-write done, working on a ToB part. If there are people willing to do the necessary writing and coding, it would just be beyond amazing to finally see the romance through to the end. The dream sequences are at the very most a veeeeery minor concern.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 pm 
Priest(ess) of the Pink Mage

I don't envy whoever is going to try and make the original compatible with EE, hopefully its simple because it is extremely disorganized code.

After i finish Taig's version, i was planning to compare the two and see how much is actually missing from version 2.

Offline Profile