Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Post subject: This mod is awesome!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:09 am 
Newcomer

Hi everyone, i have registered just to say how thankful i am for discovering this mod. A couple weeks ago i found, among my old games, good old Baldur's Gate and then that "need" to play it hit me and.... well, why not?. While trying to find the patch for BG2, i came across the wonderful modding comunity that exists for the BG games (Gibberlings 3, Pocket Plane Group, among others).

After Downloading tons of mods that sparkled my interest i was about to start playing when i thought, "Imoen doesnt have alot to say in BG2, lets see if i can find a mod that changes that", and i am happy that i did, didint took much time to find it, any search on google with "Imoen", "Baldur's Gate" and "mod" directs to this site :) .

As for the actual mod, i gotta say its THE best npc mod out there, i was also using other mods, like Saerileth, and they dont come even close to the quality of the Imoen Romance mod. The new dialogue options with her makes her much more lively and gives her character more important role within the game, the simplistic, yet beautiful soundtrack gives a serious tone to each and all her dialogue. On this playthrough, the reunion with Imoen was surely one hell of a memorable scene. After truly starting the romance, Imoen proved to be a excelent alternative to Viconia (my usual choice in all my playthroughs). I also must say the the mod captured very well Imoen's character, making me almost belive that it was part of the original game.

My english is not very good to make a more elaborate a appraisal of this mod, my only regret is that there is no TOB content yet, as i can imagine many situations that would be nice to have Imoen's banter. I really hope this mod gets finished in a near future.

Merry Christmas everyone

-BR4ZIL

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: This mod is awesome!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:48 pm 
Newcomer

Just dropping in to say more of this. Alas, I barely scratched the surface, having just made it to spellhold before deciding to start with a different character. (Strangely, I seem to remember having the same problem 12 years ago.) However, even with just the dream sequences, which so wonderfully recreate the Cloud and Tifa vibe, I know this addition to the game will be something special. Maybe even what will finally motivate me to actually finish BG2 rather than endlessly restart.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm 
Forum God

Well thank you very much :) The version you're playing is the Lord M version, but I know he's still around here and probably not-so-secretly loves hearing that people still enjoy his work! And I hope you'll stick around a little bit, join the forum, and enjoy the v2 as much as you did v1 (once it's out!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:39 am 
Initiate of Imoen

Nowadays it's mostly bafflement :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:10 pm 
Newcomer

Yup, joining to OP. This mod is awesome and have my great thank you for creating it! :D
Where can I find a walkthrough or a list of choices for dialogues :?:
The built in search didn't help much.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

Tyrveid, I'm not sure you'd need a walk-through any more. Alot of the difficult things (like working out exactly which response give the most romance points) have been removed, so as long as you aren't cruel/mean, you should be able to complete the romance.

Offline Profile