Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Post subject: Re: Wanted: NPC Banters
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm 
Newcomer

Umm... that may sound retarded, but how do I send a private message on those boards? :oops: I don't see any "send PM" option like everywhere else. Then again, I might as well be blind :)

I'll write some banters then. The only thing I need to know is if Jaheira still disapproves the romance as she did in Lord M's version (since I heard you're changing the SoA romance a bit, TCDale :)). I would also love to write some dialogues appearing at certain parts of the game or triggering after certain events, but I'm not sure if those events are still in your version of the mod ;)

Cheers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:39 pm 
Junior Acolyte

Doomforge wrote:
Umm... that may sound retarded, but how do I send a private message on those boards? :oops: I don't see any "send PM" option like everywhere else. Then again, I might as well be blind :)

There should be a PM button next to the Profile button just below the posts, and another one in the person's profile, below the email.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 pm 
Newcomer

This is all I see:

Well, as you see I don't have the button available (!?)
I thought it's firefox with noscript, but nah, IE has same results.

So weird.

EDIT: posting this message miraculously made the PM button available :shock:

MAGIC. (Yes I was logged in when taking the screenshot ;))

(or, you need three posts before that option is granted to you. Oh well. ;))

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:08 am 
Newcomer

I have the Crossmod banter mod installed with my game, and while I mostly enjoy its additions, I felt that it sometimes exaggerates on the supposed relationship between characters, especially if considering the "dominant/dominated" angle.

To give you a concrete example with Aerie, almost every "evil" NPC that joins my group finds it curiously satisfying to bash at her, despite her growing into a powerful magic weaver, and potential love interest of the player character.

While I could understand that truly powerful and mostly despicable characters, like Sarevok, would find no redeeming qualities in her, in the same fashion I have a hard time admitting that Aerie would allow anyone consistently stepping on her toes, or worse, insulting her, while it would probably be best for them to keep low profile in a generally good-aligned party (Tsujatha or Angelo, I am looking at you :evil: ).

If I mention this, it is simply because I would encourage contributors to the Imoen banters not to forget that context also strongly matters sometimes, and that ideally other characters present in the group, not excluding the player character, may want to react to it. Viconia or Jaheira may very well want to bash Imoen in the future, rightfully so maybe, because they too have strong convictions and personalities, but I would appreciate being given the option to intervene (beside kicking the NPC out of the party), if I feel that Imoen gets unwarrantably belittled, or outright insulted.

In the same fashion, I feel banter could be even more interesting sometimes if it would imply more than just two characters. Of course, I realize this would mean even more work :(

I also would offer to contribute if I felt that my English was as fluent and grammatically correct as I feel it to be required by such a quality mod.

Anyway, this is just some quick feedback. Please feel free to make out of it what you wish. I am very much looking forwards to what you can come up with, and wanted to share some encouragements :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:53 am 
Initiate of Imoen

Having just finished my play through of a lightly? modded game (Included the Imoen friendship), which is the fourth time I reached the end of TOB. I feel the mod could have done a little more and I missed the extensive dialogue that comes with the mod here (Even though I had three banter packs).

But what I truly missed was the banter with the NPCs. None came out (for me) and it made me appreciate this thread a lot more. Now, I can't say I can't write, but I definitely know it's not good enough for extensive dialogue. I am going to think about assisting after I make some practice ones in notepad.

If we did take you up on your offer for help, how would all dialogue be submitted? Will it be in private pm or email, or will it be in this topic?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Forum God

SweaterMonkeys wrote:
If we did take you up on your offer for help, how would all dialogue be submitted? Will it be in private pm or email, or will it be in this topic?

Private PM or email woudl be just fine :) I'd like it NOT to be in this topic, because then everyone would read it, and it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:00 am 
Newcomer

I might try some for Keldorn if you accept having two dialog bulks being written by the same guy ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:46 am 
Forum God

Doomforge wrote:
I might try some for Keldorn if you accept having two dialog bulks being written by the same guy ;)

Nope, I don't care! The only thing I care about is if they're good dialogs and fit the characters :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm 
Newcomer

Well, it seems like you're still looking for some writers. I have some free time at the moment so I thought I'd chip in (long time lurker). I'm going to assume Doomforge never gave you those Keldorn dialogues since the OP says it's still open. In that light, I'll contribute Sarevok, Keldorn(SoA+ToB) and Mazzy(SoA+ToB). I don't have any editing software with me at the moment, however, as I'm in a remote location. You'll be getting just the raw text files unfortunately.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:49 pm 
Forum God

Yup I'm still looking. Any time I get something, I update the list as soon as I decide I'm "done", so as long as the list says it's open, it is!

Feel free to send away. The more the merrier, and you get a little 'thank you' note in the mod's readme!

Offline Profile