Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Imoholics Anonymous (aka the "Welcome" thread)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 pm 
Newcomer

Hey y'all. I'm new. Actually, genuinely, new. :) I first started playing the mod earlier this year, been playing the Baldur's Gate series since 2000. (Has it really been ten years?!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:19 pm 
Newcomer

Heya!

I'll just continue to lurk and pray, as I've done for 'Oh soooo many years' now. :)
And thanks to you TC for the resurrection spell on the forum, and to the Lord for reaching out to us simple mortals from the Astral Plane through his ... hm, High Priestess?? Prophet?? Messiah?? :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm 
Junior Acolyte

Hey hey hey!
Did my mothly check of the site and i was like :!: :shock: :o

It's good to see the forums are running again, one big burst of life i didn't expect to see anymore :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm 
Newcomer

Hi! I'm new, but I used to lurk here a lot. When the forums got spammed I realized that I should have probably been more active in the past, heh. Anyways, good to see the forums back up and Imoenites posting. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

hi, just wanted to stop by to make my routine check if there is, through some miracle, life out there in the imoen-universe.... so you can imagine how i felt after seeing the forums reopened =)
after starting to play baldurs gate in late 2000, it took me like forever to get bored of it... if that ever happened... and then, in 2006, i discovered all the wonderful mods... and, best of all... the immie romance mod being by far the best of them... so i used to lurk around here, eagerly waiting for the ToB part since then.
and now i felt the need to become an active part of the community at last ;)
general information... i'm from austria, so please excuse the, sometimes, bad english... i currently study law in vienna and in my spare time i enjoy playing rpgs, maybe grab some beers with friends or do some sports

p.s. can't wait to hear news about lord m's progress... because like the last news bulletin says: it's been long enough, dont'cha think? ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:48 pm 
Forum God

Hi Randir, Jazmin, etc.!

Glad to see that there are still people discovering the good ol' mod :) If you really are playing the mod throuhg for the first time, can I ask you a favor? *keep notes!* about what you think is great, what you think sucks, etc. Not spoiling anything just yet, but... well... they might come in handy. ;)

Also, regarding "bursts of life" -- that's one thing I'm really aiming for. In addition to the forums, there's going to be a new webpage design, so that it's VERY obvious when you hit the page that there is, indeed, life. You can see more on that in the Fresh New Webdesign thread. You're more than welcome to give your opinions on that.

If you know of any other people who were part of the Imoen community -- or whom you think would like to be part of the Imoen commmunity -- go drag their butts over here!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:01 pm 
Newcomer

So there WERE people still lying in wait. Well, I'm pretty glad about that. Caldur couldn't have possibly saved all those little lambs from drowning in the sea of spam, but then again, some seem to be pretty good swimmers! 8-)

Umm... hi. I've been here for years, but wasn't the most active poster anyway. Actually, it's been so long I don't completely remember whether I used this alias, or my other one (Icarus) in the past...

I used to buy BGII when it came out. I'm more of a console RPG gamer myself, and hence BG was more of a mixed bag for me (*dives for cover*). I liked the party interaction most and even did the trick to let the game run on pause for some hours, then come back to trigger the next conversation. I enjoyed the character of Imoen most and frankly didn't like the makers to pull the sister card on me. So the mod is basically a way to enlarge on what I liked most about BG on the character I liked most.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 am 
Newcomer

Hey everyone,

I'm still around, though I can't promise how active I will be; I've spent most of the last years of my time in the BG2 community in lurking mode. Still, Jashie has asked me to keep an eye open over here (mostly for spambots and such), so I'll be around.

Anyways, hi to both the old and the new people. I hope you'll have a good time here. Now let's all bug Jash till she finishes the mod :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:21 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

hehe, i'm with you Lord Ernie ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 pm 
Newcomer

Hello there! I am reading this forum for a couple of years, but its my first post here, so you don't know me =) I live in Russia, and I'm playing Baldur's Gate for about 3 or 4 years.

PS Sorry for my English =)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next