Login | Register

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Random Chat Thread 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:57 am 
Junior Acolyte

Fanboys of let's players, i hate them so much. They spew at you the same retarded arguments over and over, like children demanding things to be their way until mommy decides to agree. What makes me most mad is no matter how right you are, there's no reasoning with them because their brains are the size of a peanut.

/rant over

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 am 
Acolyte of Imoen

It's somewhat baffling to me that LPers can be so popular as to even have fanboys. Suppose it's more down to them being entertaining personalities than anything else. Tobuscus and the guys from Achievement Hunter come to mind.

So what specific arguments bother you? The 'this other LPer already did this game stop copying him!' thing? That's the only one I can think of.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
Junior Acolyte

The way they let themselves be treated like crap, and feel good about it.

This guy i had been following for ages is becoming more and more of an asshole the more subscriptions he gets. Things like telling people to vote between x, y and z in his series for a fake sense of interaction, ultimately saying "the majority voted x but your tastes suck so i choose".
His latest video just went over the top with it. People have been asking him throughout the whole series what mod he's been using in the game, and after 13 episodes he's just there admitting how much it makes him laugh to see people asking about it, and how answering them would ruin his fun. Maybe it's me being used to following decent LPers who communicate, but it pisses me off. Giving off the name of the mod pissed off the fanboys, so it balanced out a bit.

People not only stand for **** like that, they also defend it religiously. And you can't argue with someone who under every video posts "U ARE MY GOD".
Sometimes i can almost picture them, dressed in black latex and a ball gag, waiting for the next whipping session.

Luckily i don't follow the more notorious users like tobuscus or dawson etc, they always end up being bad actors milking their subs with multiple accounts. And even if they're good, the fanbase always ruins everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:13 pm 
Acolyte of Imoen

Ohhh, yeah. When people start getting up themselves it becomes a problem. Haven't seen that too often. Best example I can think of is Rob Moran and he seems to have given up recently.

Tobuscus isn't that great. Doesn't seem to be as much of an ass as whoever you're talking about but he isn't that entertaining in his LPs. The Achievement Hunter guys on the other hand I can't praise enough. Might be because they're a bit more professional about it and that they can bounce off each other to make funny happen. Worth looking up, I think.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:04 am 
Grand Poobah

Tyrell wrote:
Blunder of the century. Seems to be the latest hip phrase in the gaming community.

And a big f*** you to windows programs, especially firefox, chrome and flash player. They like to slow down your pc and freeze it when you least expect it, but they're smart bastards, they know what's going down the moment you run out of patience and open the task manager, and everything runs smooth as silk again.

Besides the flash player, I'd add Java Script. I really hate when I have to enable them for a site to function because it significantly increases the processor use of the browser.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:39 pm 
Newcomer

Aaaaand back. Yes, been very busy. So very busy I decided to promptly forget usernames and such nonsense. Also, been a very very bad friend to our dearest TCDale, so blame any and all delays on moi. You may now proceed to throw rocks. Or not. How is everybody anyways?

PS: Still loving Immy related cleavage discussions. Because some things are just awesome.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16